Library Board of Trustees
The Library is governed by a 5-member Library Board of Trustees appointed by the Board of County Commissioners. The duties of the Library Board of Trustees are enumerated in NRS 379.025 (Nevada Revised Statutes) and include:
- Establish, supervise and maintain a library.
- Appoint, evaluate the performance of and, if necessary, dismiss a librarian or, in the case of a consolidated library district, an executive director.
- Hold and possess the property and effects of the library in trust for the public.
- In the case of a county library, submit annual budgets to the board of county commissioners, containing detailed estimates of the amount of money necessary for the operation and management of the library for the next succeeding year.
- Establish bylaws and regulations for the management of the library and their own management.
- Do all acts necessary for the orderly and efficient management and control of the library.